IBM iX – It’s never been a better time to be a creator.
We are a consultancy, digital agency, design studio, and tech company all rolled into one. Our 1,200+ experts in DACH and Croatia guide people, brands, and organizations in an agile and collaborative way: from analysis and concept via business case, design vision, and MVP development to roll-out and operations. We believe “Good Experience is Good Business”. That’s why we put human experiences first in everything we do. Together we help to shape a sustainable future: with digital products, services, and experiences that connect people.
Do you love science and enjoy passing on knowledge to others? At the same time, you would like to gain practical experience of working within project teams? You don’t have to compromise because now you can get the best of both worlds! At IBM iX, we value the knowledge and further development of our employees in every way – that’s why we have decided to cooperate with the Faculty of Organization and Informatics in Varaždin. Together, we offer a teaching assistant position (fully-funded PhD program included) in the field of Information Sciences, while still working part-time as a Java developer at IBM iX on exciting digitalization projects. The person employed on this position will have part-time employment at IBM iX and part-time employment at Faculty of Organization and Informatics in Varaždin.
You feel at home in the world of digital trends and love to drive projects with real impact? Then become a part of our IBM iX Family now.
- You develop and present the technical concept with your project team to our client
- You work closely with the product owner and the client team on backlog topics, acceptance criteria and user stories
- You facilitate workshops for technical topics with your project team and/or the client team
- You observe how we can improve our developing processes by using innovative methods or new technologies
- You write clean, maintainable, testable, and understandable code
- You attend lectures and commit to your PhD program duties in order to develop knowledge transfer skills and research competencies
- You are advancing learning in information sciences through relevant and engaged classroom teaching
- You participate in scientific publishing, in various seminars and conferences as a presenter of your own or your teams research results
- You have a master’s degree in business informatics or a comparable course of education
- You are passionate about teaching and have great presentational and communication skills
- You resonate analytically and have good organizational skills
- Preferably, you have some experience in scientific research
- You have some practical experience in Java development (or similar OOP language)
- Tools and development environments like IntelliJ or GIT aren’t new terms to you
- Knowledge of Design Patterns as well as experience in writing Unit and Integration Tests
- Passion for ensuring code quality using Static Code Analysis and Continuous Integration tools like SonarQube and Jenkins
- You enjoy open feedback and learning opportunities from the Peer Review process on Bitbucket or GitHub
Our Benefits and Your Perspective
In order to bring our visionary ideas to life, we need high-flyers from a wide variety of fields who can cope with fast-paced digital expansion. Our Academy supports this in combination with various offers for our employees.
- Academy & Co.
- Discount programs
- Health & Fitness
- Team events
- Flexible working hours
- 30 days of vacation
With us, you can shape your career yourself and benefit from our Academy training portfolio: we work with career pathways, 360° feedback and development plans to give our employees the best possible training opportunities.
IBM iX is committed to creating an inclusive workplace offering equal opportunities to everyone. We especially encourage all people with their individual diverse backgrounds and perspectives to apply.
Questions about the job?
Please do not hesitate to contact:
Talent Acquisition Consultant
+385 91 601 5011