Faculty of Organization and Informatics announces public call for the enrollment of students in the postgraduate university doctoral study program "Information Science" for acquiring the academic degree of the Doctor of Science in the field of Social Sciences, the scientific field of Information and Communication Science.
Application is submitted to the Office of the Registrar for Postgraduate Studies (Referada za poslijediplomske studije), Pavlinska 2, 42000 Varaždin (in person or by mail) and has to include:
- Certified transcripts (copies) of diplomas and certificates of completed undergraduate, graduate (or equivalent), and postgraduate studies (for a degree obtained at a foreign higher education institution, a decision on academic recognition of foreign higher education qualifications from a competent institution in the Republic of Croatia http://www.unizg.hr/homepage/study-at-the-university-of-zagreb/academic-recognition-of-foreign-higher-education-qualifications/ )
- Certified transcripts of records for all courses of the completed undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate study programs, or diploma supplements (only for study programs not completed at the Faculty of Organization and Informatics)
- Proof of competence in English language (B2 level certificate or higher, or grade 4 or higher at a university level course in English with at least 60 contact hours)
- Birth certificate and proof of citizenship
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter with a proposal on the field of research
It is recommended, but not obligatory, to enclose recommendation(s) of a professor and / or a possible mentor and a list of publications.
The deadline for the application is September 30, 2019.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Postgraduate University Doctoral Program "Information Science" enrolls candidates who have:
- graduated from the Faculty of Organization and Informatics and gained the title of a Master of Informatics with an average grade of at least 3.5; The Council of the Doctoral Study Program may exceptionally approve enrollment of an applicant who has completed a graduate degree with a lower level of success, based on the professional and scientific results after the graduation;
- completed the pre-Bologna graduate study at the Faculty of Organization and Informatics with an average grade of at least 3.5 and acquired the degree of a Graduated Informatics Professional; The Council of the Doctoral Study Program may exceptionally approve enrollment of an applicant who has completed graduate studies with lower achievement on the basis of professional and scientific results after the graduation;
- completed his postgraduate scientific studies at the Faculty of Organization and Informatics and acquired the title of Master of Science in Information Science;
- completed postgraduate specialist studies at the Faculty of Organization and Informatics and acquired the name of a university specialist who achieved an average of at least 4.0 and showed a predisposition for scientific research;
- completed a university graduate degree in informatics, computer science, informatology, mathematics or other similar studies at one of the Croatian or foreign higher education institutions and have achieved an average of at least 3.5 (or equivalent if the higher education institution does not use grades 1 to 5 ), where the suitability for admission to the Doctoral Study Program is assessed by the Council of the Doctoral Study Program. The Council may require that such an applicant passes differential exams from the Graduate Study at the Faculty of Organization and Informatics as a prerequisite for enrollment;
- completed a graduate or a doctoral study program at one of postgraduate studies at a Croatian or a foreign university. The suitability for enrollment to the doctoral study program is determined by the Council of the Doctoral Study Program. The Council may require that such an applicant passes differential exams from the Graduate Study at the Faculty of Organization and Informatics as a prerequisite for enrollment;
University graduate degree is a requirement for the enrollment in the doctoral study program.
Criteria for evaluating the applicants include success in the previous studies, motivation for scientific research, scientific publications, professor's recommendations, and suitability of the desired field of study for the Doctoral Study program.
In addition to verifying the attached documentation, the Council of the Doctoral Study Program conducts an interview with all applicants who applied for the enrollment. Interview with an applicant may be a basis for exclusion from the enrollment procedure if the desired field of study is not suitable for the Doctoral Study program.
The tuition of the doctoral study program is 60.000,00 kn.
Contact person for additional information about the study program or the public call:
Lea Friščić, mag. oec.
Head, Office of the registrar for the postgraduate study programs
Pavlinska 2, 42000 Varaždin