The courses of the doctoral study are including the themes from the high rocketing field of information technologies and include a number of specific research productive disciplines in the field of Information Sciences.
About the Study
During their doctoral study, students become familiar with the contemporary research and the latest developments in the area of Information Sciences as well as in interdisciplinary research related to Information Sciences. By introducing this study, the Faculty of Organization and Informatics aims to create quality researchers capable to actively promote and contribute to this dynamic scientific field.During their doctoral study, students are introduced to contemporary research and the latest developments in the area of Information Sciences as well as in the area of interdisciplinary research related to Information Sciences. By introducing this study, the Faculty of Organization and Informatics aims to create quality researchers capable to actively contribute to and promote this dynamic scientific field. The doctoral study programme is structured in a way that encompasses a wide spectrum of disciplines that currently comprise Information Sciences across 28 courses, 9 out of which are selected by PhD candidates depending on their interest.
Some of the courses are domain-focused, while the other are dedicated to the development of transferable skills. It is expected that most students will pursue an academic career once they have received their doctoral degree in Information Sciences, while the others will be involved in economy and actively contribute to the development of modern companies, their products and services.
Establisher and Performer
The study is established and performed by the Faculty of Organization and Informatics. The study is in direct connection to the research work and activities of the Faculty, transfer of its knowledge to new generations of researchers and competent professionals.
Upon successful finishing the doctoral study the students receive the academic title Doctor of Science in the field of Social Sciences, Information and Communication Sciences, PhD.
The study programme promotes the development of research competences in several ways:
- PhD candidates are required to contribute to each doctoral course by submitting a review paper and/or research plan related to a topic of their choice
- PhD candidates are included in the Faculty's project activities and acquire a part of their insights through project work
- One of the doctoral study courses entitled Research Methods in Information Sciences is directly intended for the development of research competences
- PhD candidates are encouraged to participate in the International Doctoral Seminar, where they present their research plans and measure up their achievements in an international environment. The double-blind review process provides the candidates with information on their work
- PhD candidates must pass a demanding qualifying doctoral examination focused on research competences
- A part of doctoral study obligations comprises scientific publishing and participation in scientific conferences since PhD candidates active involvement in research during their study is considered to be an important aspect of the study. A certain number of ECTS is awarded to candidates for papers they publish.
Furthermore, the candidates acquire a number of generic skills, such as scientific research methods and project management skills, which enables them to participate in a variety of research and professional business contexts.
The complete doctoral study fee is 60.000,00 HRK.
The study leader is Professor Diana Šimić, PhD.
Furthermore, all additional information about the study are available in the Postgraduate Student Services Office. Please contact the Postgraduate Office Head Mrs. Lea Frišćić via phone +385 42 390-808 or email email@example.com