The university graduate study Economics of Entrepreneurship (EP) is performed within the field of social sciences, area of Economics. Upon successful finishing of the second study year the students acquire a title Master of Economics.
About the Study Programme
The graduate study Economics of Entrepreneurship qualify its students to work in small, medium and big enterprises as well as within family businesses that include the ownership transition to younger generations. The graduate study Economics of Entrepreneurship gives its students the necessary knowledge to proceed to the postgraduate studies in the field of Economics or similar social science.
The curriculum of the graduate study Economics of Entrepreneurship is designed to enable the students to improve their knowledge gained within undergraduate studies, to master more complex challenges within economics, organizational and information field in order to gain further knowledge that will enable them to start their own entrepreneurial businesses and to work within medium and big companies. The students receive grounds to proceed with the scientific-research work. The experts from different industries perform teaching in some disciplines within the study. This is to strengthen and to implement the concept of the desired connection of academic theoretical teaching and learning and the practical work within real sector.
Upon fcompleting the graduate university study programme Economics of Entrepreneurship the students receive the academic title Master of Economics.
Upon completing the graduate programme Economics of Entrepreneurship, students will be able to:
- Understand and implement entrepreneurial theory and methods in the analysis of management problems of small and medium enterprises, as well as of large enterprises and public administration
- Explain and discuss the determinants of growth for small, medium and large enterprises in EU countries and compare it with the economic growth of enterprises in Croatia
- Explain the meaning of economic efficiency and mechanisms for the allocation of resources with the goal of creating a competitive market
- Demonstrate critical thinking and understanding of entrepreneurial and management changes in small, medium and large enterprises in an increasingly complex business environment
- Recognise and analyse obstacles and managerial challenges in small and medium enterprises as well as in large business systems
- Research, collect and evaluate information from a variety of different scientific and professional sources with the goal of developing new approaches for the development of entrepreneurship and economy as a whole
- Identify and analyse possibilities and challenges in a modern competitive environment, as well as the financing of new entrepreneurial ventures and ideas
- Transform scientifically based methods into practical challenges through the sustainability of the economy as a whole
- Apply modern information and communication technology in analysing information from the real market, as well as in improving existing methods and strategies on the market
- Apply knowledge about financial indicators, methods and models of business excellence in evaluation of business results for small, medium and large enterprises, as well as in establishing control over business results
- Apply ethical principles for doing business, entrepreneurial skills, effective communication skills and negotiation skills in the international business environment
- Demonstrate the understanding of managerial accounting with the goal of defining the baseline for planning, control and business decision-making inside a business organization
- Analyse and prepare business information with the goal of generating quality and competitive business decision or idea
- Critically discuss and understand the relationship between corporate management and management at the level of small and medium enterprises.
- Identify and analyse the characteristics of institutional investors and their role in the business activities of small, medium and large enterprises.
- Apply knowledge about financial markets and financial indicators as a basis for successful management of institutional investors.
- Explain the role of institutional investors in the implementation of corporate management, as well as their importance for the development of small and medium entrepreneurship.
- Efficiently resolve obstacles in communication in negotiation processes in a business environment
- Apply know-how and understanding of the concept, principle and theory of the project cycle in all aspects of economic activity
- Integrate know-how and skills from different areas with the goal of creating the best solution for the success of an enterprise
- Explain and critically evaluate the project cycle, as well as the criteria for the project's success, with the aim of making valid business decisions and the implementation of the business plan
- Explain advantages and identify business challenges, of using internet marketing in the modern business environment
- Create and use databases with the purpose of enhancing marketing and business planning activities
- Participate in the creation of an effective human resource management strategy in modern business organizations as well as in various cultural environments
- Identify and explain differences in human resource management approaches depending on the type of economic activities and the type of a business organization
- Recognise and apply skills of organizational behaviour for successful functioning of an enterprise
- Evaluate work performance and apply an award system in the enterprise
- Explain and analyse the role and importance of public management in the creation of institutional conditions in the activities of an enterprise
- Organize business activities within the framework of public-private partnerships.